Nur Hazrenee



♥ The Drifter


Zaujah of ehsan
"Forever in love with Mr. Ehsan Fahmy"
For you & your little caliph, Islamic resources from Saudi, Sweeden, UK & US. Whatsapp: +60134142964 Email: echaa_hisham@yahoo.com

♥ Small World

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

♥ Adik Baby

Ahlan wasahlan my baby boy
May Allah bless always
We love you

♥ Newer Posts ♥
♥ Older Posts ♥
Little Caliph - Part II
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 | 1:07 AM |
The tough gets going.

After we were buzzed in to the hospital, I was absolutely petrified. I felt like I shouldn't be there - it was probably a false alarm. I'd be wasting the nurses' time and it was too early. The nurse who was assigned to me, which was nice. She got me comfortable & told me that after doing a trace on the baby, they'd do an internal exam and see how things were going. I'll admit, this made me nervous too - I'd never had a cervical check before, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Baby was doing just fine & the CTG showed that I was experiencing contractions. The nurse performed the internal, which didn't hurt and proclaimed that my cervix was already effaced & that I was 2-3 cm dilated. Surprisingly, this didn't bother me as much as I'd thought it would - I think I was too distracted by the fact that I was actually going to have a baby soon and the contractions had started to hurt.

Hubby decided to try and have a sleep, since it was around 3 am, and I laid back and focussed on getting through contractions by breathing & not making noise. It passed the time, though got harder as they got stronger. At 7 am, the nurses switched shifts, and we were introduced to our new nurse. I really liked her, she was very no nonsense, and encouraged getting up and moving, which was great, since I had to pee constantly thanks to all the fluids.

At some point in the morning, they asked if I wanted any kind of pain relief, as things were ramping up. I went into the birth without a plan. My birth plan was basically not to have a plan, and see how things progressed. I was interested in trying gas & air, but I didn't want to use it too early and have it not helpful later down the track. I put it off for a while, but then decided it was worth a try.

My verdict - the gas was awesome. It didn't make me nauseous at all, and I felt very 'in control' while using it at first. Unfortunately, that control got a little wonky further down the track. For the first few hours, I was using it just for the build-up & full hit of the contractions. It made me giggle and it also made me a little bit mental.

It also made time feel like it was going by in slow motion - one contraction felt like it lasted for ages. Not a bad thing when it didn't really hurt, but not good when you were counting down the minutes & feeling like you've been in labour forever. It was mid-morning when they did another internal check. This one hurt though, and I had to use the gas to keep calm. I was happy to learn that I'd hit 5 cm, and baby was coping beautifully. Things were going well.

To be continued :)